Hello everyone, it's time already for a new challenge at Allsorts. Btw. we are back to our regular weekly schedule now that August is just about over.
It's Dena's turn to host this week and she picked the fun optional theme of "Butterflies". This time of the year I have the most butterflies in my garden and always love seeing them! We mostly have Monarch butterflies and Eastern Tiger Swallowtail, both very common in our area. Although this year there aren't as many butterflies because my Zinnias are taking forever to bloom!! (We had an extremely dry June). Thank goodness for my butterfly bush!
Today's card features a butterfly resembling a Monarch butterfly a bit. It's a large stamp from the Visible Image set "Butterfly Effect".
I started out by using a Vicki Boutin stencil with Pumice Stone Distress Oxide ink for a faint pattern. Next I heat embossed the script (SU stamp - retired) onto black cardstock using Versamark ink and white embossing powder. The butterfly was stamped on an inky background which was done using the smooshing technique and Distress inks/oxides. Before adding the butterfly I decided to add a die cut circle for more interest. The quote is from Tim Holtz's Small Talk sticker booklet which includes lots of wonderful quotes.
- Inspiration Station - Inspiration Photo above (I was inspired by yhe beautiful Monarch butterflies to color my butterfly in similar colors.)
- Moving along with the Times - Embossing
- Crazy is our fame - STENCILS are our game! - Stencils and opt. Butterflies (you might have to tilt the screen a bit to see my faint stencil on the background using pumice stone ink!!)
- Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenges - AG
- Triple B - AG with Birds, Blooms or Butterflies
- Stamping Sensations - AG