- Beautiful Blossoms #3
- Triple B Challenges - Blooms, Butterflies or Birds
- Passion For Markers Challenge - Colors of Spring
- Stamping Sensations - Opt. Wings and Tails
- We Love Stamping - Spring is in the air
- Fab n Funky - Vintage
- Moving along with the Times - For a Lady
- 2 Sisters On The Blog -Spring or Easter
- Tic Tac Toe Challenge - I used the middle vertical row of Pastels/Flowers/Spring
~Handmade Greeting Cards, a Monthly Craft Challenge and an Occasional Lifestyle Post~
Mar 18, 2023
Perfect Pastels ~ Especially for You
Mar 15, 2023
I Spy With My Little Eye... A Spring or Easter Critter (Challenge No. 1)
Hello and welcome!
I'm so excited to introduce a new monthly challenge taking place right here on my blog! I've had this idea for a challenge for quite some time now, I used to follow a photography challenge named "I spy" and thought it would be a cute idea for a crafting challenge. I kept putting it off as I wasn't sure I'd have the time for it, but now I decided to just "go for it".
About the challenge:
- There will be monthly themes starting on the 3rd Wednesday of each month and ending on Sunday before the new challenge starts.
- You may use any products you like, including digital stamps but the final project has to be a physical product, not just digital.
- You may share anything handmade, it doesn't have to be a papercraft.
- There will be a Top 2 selected from all eligible entries who will both be invited as guest designers in a future challenge. Totally optional of course as I know we all have busy lives.
- Backlinking to a recently created project will be allowed.
- You may enter up to 5 different projects per challenge.
- Please be sure to leave a link back here to this blog in your blog post.
I spy with my little eye....
A Spring or Easter Critter!
I can't wait to see what you will make and share with this theme in mind! I will be along to visit all your wonderful entries.
Today I am also introducing the first guest designer so be sure to scroll down to see her fabulous creation!
Here is my card:
I used Penny Black stamp Juggling Eggs, colored with Zig Clean Color brush markers and fussy cut the bunny. I used MFT Grass and Cloud stencils with Distress inks. Butterflies were done with Penny Black's Soaring die set. Sentiment is also by Penny Black. I hand cut around it in the shape of a banner.
I'm sharing the above card with these challenges:
Cutie Pie Challenge - beginning with B (Bunny, Butterflies) // Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Easter with PB // Get Creative Challenges - Bunny Hop // We Love Stamping - Spring is in the air //
I'm excited to introduce the lovely Pauline as the first guest designer. So glad you accepted the invitation, Pauline!
You can read all about how she made this beautiful card on her blog Passion for Papercraft.
And now it's on to you! The linky will remain open until Sunday April 16th 11:59 pm US Central time.
This post may include some affiliate links, meaning I may earn a small commission if you purchase something through the links. As always, this is at no cost to you. Thank you so much for supporting this blog!
Mar 11, 2023
Three Little Party Pigs
Happy Saturday, it's time already for a new theme at Allsorts challenge. It's Lorraine's turn to host and she chose the optional theme of A Trio of Something. Lots of fun choices here and of course the option of Anything Goes is there too, so there is no reason not to join us for a chance to win! There are prizes from Oakwood, Highlight Crafts, AALL and Create and Craft Stash for the March challenges.
- Penny Black Saturday Challenge - PB Stamps
- Stamping Sensations - AG Option Wings or Tails
- Word Art Wednesdays - AG
- Passion For Markers Challenge - Animals
- Unicorn Challenge - Dots and/or Stripes
- AAA Birthday - Stripes or Dots
- Di's Digis Designs - Hand Colored Image
- Crafty Animals - Animals
- Critter Crazy Challenges - Critters (do pigs count as critters??)
- Die Cut Divas - AG
Mar 6, 2023
My Recent Amazon Prime Purchases
I decided to join Tanya with her Prime Purchases link up this month. Tanya is having this as a monthly feature on her blog, but I only share mine about every 3 month.
Lots of random things I purchased over the last 3 months...
1. SmartCat Ultimate Scratching Post
Back in December I decided to move the tall cat tower out of the living room as I noticed neither of the cats went on it
much ever anymore but they did use the scratching posts which were part of the tall cat tower so I knew I needed to replace the scratching posts. Most scratching posts I always find too light weight especially for my over 10lb cat, so I went searching for the perfect one. And I found it! Both of my cats love this scratching post and it is very sturdy.
2. Amazon Essentials Soft Cotton Yoga Tank
4. All Out Of Grocery List Note Pad
Found this notepad recommended on a site and thought it was a good way to stay organized. Magnetic on the back so I keep this on my fridge and mark down each time I use a pantry staple or notice I need to replace something. Then when I do my weekly grocery shopping I tear the page out, fill in what else I need and go on my way.
5. Stampers Anonymous Tiny Text Stamp Set
I love Stampers Anonymous Sticker sentiments and thought it was time to purchase a similar set in stamps so I can use them over and over.
6. The Pink Stuff
So my daughter made huge mess with milk boiling over and then she told me that I need to get this stuff. She probably saw it advertised on tiktok because I've never heard of it before (I think it's a British brand), but it sounded like a miracle cleaner so I purchased it. It does seem to work some wonders!
7. King Arthur Measure for Measure Gluten Free Flour
8. Neenah Classic Crest 80lb Card Stock
It was time to re-order my Neenah card stock which I like using for copic coloring and pencil coloring. I don't use this for card bases but there is a 110lb version available too.
9. Stainless Steel Steamer
Not sure why I didn't already own one of these. So glad I finally do now!! It's adjustable in size to fit differently sized pots and the steamed veggies are so tasty!!
10. Throw Pillow Covers in Salmon Pink
I mentioned before that I love to get throw pillow covers instead of buying new decorative pillows and Amazon always has many to choose from. I wasn't sure what color scheme I wanted to go with but knew they needed to coordinate with my light gray pillow covers which I like to use year round as well as the navy and gray-ish blue rug so I chose this salmon pink above as well as hot pink below and yellow (this color is supposed to arrive today) to see what I like best.
11. Throw Pillow Covers in Hot Pink
Sooo hard to decide which colors to keep as I love both pinks!! Hubby and son both lean towards the Salmon Pink but Magenta Pink (which this color reminds me of) has been a favorite color of mine for a long time.... so I'm still not sure.... and then I may like the pretty lemon yellow...
12. Throw Pillow Covers in Lemon Yellow
This color is scheduled to arrive later today... I may decide to keep all 3 (they weren't very expensive) and it's always nice to change it up a bit.
ETA: Just received the yellow pillow covers. I will return these as they are more "chrome" yellow than shown in the photo. I was hoping for a softer yellow :(
13. Bloch Performa Ballet Shoes
Some years ago my daughter switched to these ballet shoes for dance class and it's been her only style of flat ballet shoes since. Amazon had her size at a great price!
14. Big Toe Protector
My daughter is currently in the process of losing her big toe nail (something I hear can happen if you are dancing on pointe) and a friend had recommended these to her. They are currently on the way so she hasn't tried them yet herself but her dance friend is wearing hers with each class. Not just for dancers though but for anyone who needs to protect their toe due to injury, ingrown toe nails etc.
Thanks so much for visiting!
I'm linking up here:
Prime Purchases // Random-osity Good, Random, Fun // Curated by Jennifer // Thursday Favorite Things // Shelbee on the Edge Linkup // Sunday Showcase (first Sunday) with Ada and Mireille
Mar 4, 2023
Four Legged Friends
A new theme starts today at Allsorts challenge so it's time for my weekly card share. It's Mervi's turn to host this week and she chose the optional theme of "Four Legged Friends". This means domestic animals unless of course you choose the Anything Goes option! Hope you can join us for your chance to win or to be selected in the top 5. Prizes are as always selected from the weekly entries but announced just once a month. Our March prizes come from Oakwood, Highlight Crafts, AALL and Create and Craft Stash.
I used stickles glitter on the butterflies to make them sparkle.
Thanks so much for visiting!
National Craft Month Sale at Scrapbook.com/Ad
I plan on sharing with these challenges:
- Penny Black Saturday Challenge - PB stamps
- Cut It Up - CAS and a die
- Crafty Animals - Animals
- Let's Craft & Create Challenge - Add a Sentiment
- Craft Rocket Challenges - For the Girls
- Krafty Chicks - Stamps
- Moving along with the Times - For Girls or Ladies
- Fab n Funky - For a Child
- Crazy is our fame - STENCILS are our game! - Stencils
- Passion For Markers Challenge - Things with Wings
Mar 1, 2023
Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday - March Challenge
February Top Picks with a Twist:
No. 64 Donna W.
A few things to remember:
- You may combine with any other challenges.
- You may use any brand of stamps/digis/products (no company restriction).
- Please try to limit your linked up cards to 3 entries per month - it's ok if you end up with more than 3.
- Please do include a link back here to my blog in your blog post.
- Backlinking to a recent post IS allowed.
- Digital products are allowed and very welcome but the final piece has to be a physical handmade creation, not just digital