I can't believe it's March already. Not sure I am ready yet for winter to be over.Usually this time of the year I can't wait for warmer weather, but this winter was so mild, it didn't really seem much like winter. Not to mention we didn't even get to build a good snowman this year ...But who knows, there are still a couple of weeks of winter left...
The card I am showing you today is for this month's Penny Black and More challenge. And since it's almost spring our theme for this month is...
It's been colored with Faber Castell Polychromos pencils, which I absolutely LOVE.
I used papers from Stampin Up and My Minds Eye. The flowers were cut out using the "Flower and Leaf trio" die from My Favorite Things and the little yellow flowers were punched out with a Stampin up punch. The flourishes were cut out using the "Vines" shapeology die by Whimsy Stamps. I added some black gingham ribbon from stampin up, and some yellow striped ribbon which I received from my blogging friend Ann. The punched border was done with the lace border punch by Martha Stewart.
I finished it off by sewing with my janome sew mini and added a few pearls. The "Happy Easter" was computer generated.
I would like to enter my card to the following challenges:
- Card Makin' Mamas - Green
- Clearly Inspired - Anything
- Crafty Catz - Punches and Dies
- Stamp Man - Colours of Spring / Easter
- Wags 'n Whiskers - Spring Break (travel or spring)
- CCEE Stampers - Stamp or create a Spring scene
- Delightful Challenges - Spring colours
- Do You Stack Up? - Things with wings
- Paper Play - Something old, something new
- Shelly's Images - SIO - Seeing spots
- S J Papercrafts - (February/March) flowers plus red or pink
- Cooking It Up With Katie - 3 favorite things (cute image, polychromos pencils, vines die)
- Divas by Design - Spots or Stripes
- House That Stamps Built -pastels
- Little Darlings Challenges - Pearls
- Scrapbook Sisters - Spring Flowers
- Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
- Sassy Cheryl's - Are You Seeing Spots? Use Spots & Dot's
- The Stamping Boutique - Stitching
- Top Tip Tuesday - Stitches Real Or Faux
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you'll join us this month at Penny Black and more. Remember you don't have to use a Penny Black stamp to play along, you may use any company rubber or clear stamp but no digis. As usual there are a lot of prizes up for grabs and you can enter up to 3 times! Simply click the logo below to go to the challenge blog.
Have a great day!!