It's Saturday again and time for a new theme at Allsorts challenge. It's Mervi's turn to host and she would love to see Christmas flowers or wreaths this week. Then there is always the option of Anything Goes so hopefully you'll join us for a chance to win or to be selected as a top 5. Prizes come from Aldridge Crafts, Stampendous and AALL and Create and are for challenge weeks 758 and 759.
I do have 2 sets of Poinsettia stamps which I thought about using but decided I don't really like either of those that much so while looking through my Christmas stamps I came across this cute stamp illustrated by Margaret Sherry. This one wasn't made for Penny Black but was a magazine freebie a few years ago and one of those rare occasions when I had to buy the magazine. But think this is my first time using a stamp from the set.
I wanted to make a Christmas card without any red this time so I went with kraft, green and gold as my main colors. The image was colored using Distress inks and Zig Clean Color markers and cut out using a circle die. The wooden square "wreath" is a die by Penny Black - Wildwood. Patterned paper came from a pack I purchased a year or two ago. And then I added the sentiment from a Penny Black set. A little jute twine bow and stickles glitter finish off the card. The card base looks black but is actually dark brown.
Challenge I plan to link with:
- Christmas with the Cuties - Cute Christmas plus die cuts
- Cutie Pie Challenge - Cute and Cuddly Christmas
- Double Trouble Challenge - Dies (Thing 1) and Ribbon/Twine (Thing 2)
- Use Your Stuff - Bows
- Path of Positivity - AG Positive Plus option of music inspired
- Christmas Crafts All Year Round - Musical Theme
- Crafting Happiness - Christmas Music
- Creative Crafting Uncles - Foliage
- Critter Crazy Challenges - Critters
- We Love Stamping - Winter Foliage
- Aloha Friday Challenge - Christmas/Winter Animals
- Krafty Chicks - Christmas