As hard as I find it to make masculine birthday cards I do enjoy the challenge and today I am sharing another masculine birthday card. "Masculine" is our challenge theme this week at Allsorts chosen by Wendy and I do hope you'll join in for a chance to win a fabulous nautical themed stamp set which will be perfect for masculine cards.
Some affiliate links may be used in this post. This means I may earn a small commission if you purchase something through the links. As always, this is at no cost to you! Thanks so much for supporting this blog!
I think this Safari animal stamp set from Penny Black is perfect for creating masculine birthday cards, this one was made for an adult male, but I think it would be just as perfect for a boy.
The set is from an older release but available on Amazon.
Pretty simple to make:
- I used a torn piece of printer paper as a mask to ink up the "sand dunes" using Antique Linen ink.
- Next I used my stamp platform (options) to stamp the safari animals with Versafine Onyx ink
- Then I used the banner stamp from the same set with the stamp platform inked with Mustard Seed Distress ink and a little bit of Fired Brick Distress ink on the edges to stamp the banners.
- Sentiment from the same set was stamped using Versafine Onyx ink. "Let's Go Wild" also from this set was stamped on a separate piece of card stock and cut out using a circle die (options) then attached with a couple of staples.
- I tied a piece of orange grosgrain ribbon - mine is old from Stampin Up, to one of the staples.
- Tiny birthday sentiments from the Penny Black set Snippets were stamped onto the background using Antique Linen ink.
- Along the top edge I inked with Antique Linen ink and a tiny bit of fired brick ink.
- Finally I added a strip of striped black & white paper before adhering to a piece of patterned paper from my stash and then to a white heavy weight card base.