Hello and welcome!
It's Saturday again and that means it's time for a new theme at Allsorts challenge. It's Lynn's week to host and she selected the theme of "Use Yellow".
This year's Pantone Color Swatch is Yellow and Gray, and I always love those two colors together, so that's what I went with for today's card. But I went a little bit overboard with shading and my yellow is a little bit darker than I intended it to be...
My Yellow, Gray and White Gate Fold Card
- I started with a piece of white card stock measuring 8.5 x 5.5 inches.
- I scored at 2 1/8" on both sides of the long end using my scoring board.
- I folded the scored panels back (to get them out of the way), then used a Stripes Stencil and Mustard Seed distress ink to add some stripes to the inside of the card, but not the flaps.
- Opened the flaps and then used the Oscillations stencil with Mustard Seed ink. Tip: I always use masking tape to tape down the stencil or it will move.
- Next I prepared my image panel on white card stock which measures approx. 3.5 x 5.5 inches.
- I adhered this onto gray card stock then onto the inside of the gate folded card.
- I closed up the card, then I wrapped a long strip of gray card stock around the card, scored it where I wanted it folded and then trimmed off the extra making sure there is enough left for an overlap. I added a glue dot to hold the ends of the band together then added the flower from the Hero Arts stamp kit.
- I completed the card by brushing clear Wink of Stella glitter over the bee's wings and added some stardust stickles glitter glue to the flower.