Hello and welcome! It's time already for a new theme at Allsorts challenge where Lynn is the host this week and she selected the optional theme of Friendship. We'd love to have you joining us following her theme or not, as the option of Anything Goes is there for each challenge. Prizes for the November challenges come from Stampendous, Oakwood Direct and WOWVOW.
For this challenge I decided to make a winter themed card and I found this old stamp set from Whimsy Stamps in my box of Christmas stamps. It's been a long time since I've inked it up.
The background was done using Iced Spruce Distress Oxide inks and I used a white Posca pen for some "snowy" spatter. I used a deckle die to cut out the image. The sentiment (a quote from the Christmas song Sleigh Ride) is part of the same stamp set, I think it works perfectly for the "friendship" theme.
Outside the snow is falling & friends are calling "yoo-hoo."
Come on it's lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you.
I layered image and sentiment onto red card stock then white. The patterned paper is from a designer paper pack purchased last year from Hobby Lobby. I finsihed off the card by adding the punched snowflakes found in my box of die cuts/punched pieces and used some ribbon scraps and jute twine. Wasn't easy to tie the bow as my thumb isn't completely healed yet but I managed somehow.
Below a closeup
I'd like to share with these challenges:
- Most Magical Time of the Year - Christmas
- Art Impressions Stamp Challenge - Holiday Cards
- Craft Rocket Challenges - Winter
- Krafty Chicks - Christmas
- Christmas Crafts All Year Round - Holiday Carol
- Crafty Animals - Animals
- Daisy Chain Challenges - Christmas/Winter
- FarmQuest Country Christmas Challenge - Country Christmas (Outdoors)
- Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog - Christmas
- Inspire Me Monday Linkup
Holiday Festival Sale at Scrapbook.com/Ad
I wanted to post another reminder about this year's Year in Review hop happening the last week of December. We have 8 entrants so far, thank you to everyone who's joining so far.
All the info is below (copied from the original post) along with the linky tool for signing up.
Papercrafters' Year in Review 2023 Hop Sign Up
Before I let you go, I wanted to mention that I am once again planning the "Year a Review" hop where we will feature our favorite creations of the year and looking for a few co-hosts. As always, you may choose how many project you will feature. It could be a top 5 or top 10. Maybe you have just one you are especially fond of having created. I usually go with a favorite of each month to make the choice easier.
- Create a blog post featuring YOUR OWN favorite creations of 2023 to be scheduled on your blogs for Friday December 29th 6am CST (12 noon UK time)
- I will provide the html code for the linky tool to each person signing up as a co-host. It would be great if you included this in your post on your own blogs but not neccessary as long as you post a list of each participant.
- Your blog followers are welcome to link up their own favorites during that time period should they decided to create their own "year in review" posts. The linky tool will be open for one week.
- You must have a blog to participate.
- This will be a blog hop, so please plan on visiting and commenting on each participant's "Year in Review 2023" post when time allows during hop week.
- This sign up is for any paper crafter with a blog. You don't have to have a papercraft only blog - as long as you have some favorite handmade cards to share in your review post you are welcome to sign up.
- Optional: You are welcome to offer a small prize to a winner selected from those who commented on your post (including other co-hosts) but that is totally up to you and it is absolutely not needed to offer a prize in order to be a co-host.
- The blog hop will run for one week (December 29th - January 4th)
- To get an idea of how it works you can click here to see last year's hop.