Hello everyone, it's time already for a new theme at Allsorts challenge with Lorraine hosting this week and her optional theme is "add texture". There are many ways to do this so hopefully you will join us but if the theme isn't for you then you can still choose the Anything Goes option for your chance to win! As a reminder our prizes for October come from: Stamp Addicts, Oakwood, Highlight Crafts, Ruth Hamilton Dedsign, AALL and Create and Craft Stash. We will have weekly winners but all announced on the last Friday of the month.
So.. last month I had ordered stamps directly from Aall and Create (because of a hard to resist sale!!!) but in an effort to avoid custom fees I had them shipped to my dad's address in Germany. Well, as their sale had gotten even better (more of what was on my wish list marked down) I decided to order again and that time I risked having to pay customs and had the order sent directly to me in the US. I was thrilled when the package was sitting on my door step, no extra cost and I could play with them right away while my other order is still in Germany LOL (my brother will send them with a holiday package soon). I don't know if I was just lucky or if the order amount made a difference that I didn't have to pay any custom fees. (It was just under US $100). Anyway, as I type this, their sale is still going on... in case anyone is intested.
So, for today's card I used one of my new to me stamps from Aall and Create, set #978 - Hexapetalistic by Tracy Evans.
To start out I inked the card stock using Peacock Feathers Distress ink and stamped my image directly on the card stock. Then I used a Lavinia stencil and texture paste to follow our optional theme. I stamped the image again on a separate piece of card stock, colored and fussy cut around the circle and flowers. A little more stamping on the background using another stamp from the same set. And I used a sentiment from the same set.
I plan on sharing with these challenges:
- Alphabet Challenge - N for Nature
- My Time to Craft - In the Garden
- Crazy is our fame - STENCILS are our game! - Stencils
- Creative Inspirations Challenge - AG
- Creative Knockouts - Die cuts, Stencils or Punches (I used a stencil)
- Addicted to Stamps and More - Dies or Stencils
- Dream Valley Challenges - anything but birthdays
By the way, in case you missed it... I started the linky tool for the Year in Review hop taking place at the end of the year.
I copied the info from the other post in case you are interested:
Papercrafters' Year in Review 2023 Hop Sign Up
Before I let you go, I wanted to mention that I am once again planning the "Year a Review" hop where we will feature our favorite creations of the year and looking for a few co-hosts. As always, you may choose how many project you will feature. It could be a top 5 or top 10. Maybe you have just one you are especially fond of having created. I usually go with a favorite of each month to make the choice easier.
- Create a blog post featuring YOUR OWN favorite creations of 2023 to be scheduled on your blogs for Friday December 29th 6am CST (12 noon UK time)
- I will provide the html code for the linky tool to each person signing up as a co-host. It would be great if you included this in your post on your own blogs but not neccessary as long as you post a list of each participant.
- Your blog followers are welcome to link up their own favorites during that time period should they decided to create their own "year in review" posts. The linky tool will be open for one week.
- You must have a blog to participate.
- This will be a blog hop, so please plan on visiting and commenting on each participant's "Year in Review 2023" post when time allows during hop week.
- This sign up is for any paper crafter with a blog. You don't have to have a papercraft only blog - as long as you have some favorite handmade cards to share in your review post you are welcome to sign up.
- Optional: You are welcome to offer a small prize to a winner selected from those who commented on your post (including other co-hosts) but that is totally up to you and it is absolutely not needed to offer a prize in order to be a co-host.
- The blog hop will run for one week (December 29th - January 4th)
- To get an idea of how it works you can click here to see last year's hop.