Hello and welcome!
Did you hear there is a cat lovers hop hosted by Janis of Her Peaceful Garden going on right now?? This is only my second year participating but had so much fun seeing all the cat- themed projects last year that I made sure to join in again this year. And the time has arrived!
And here is the card I made using a cute Christmas cat by Penny Black.
This cat is part of the set Gather Around, stamped with Versafine Onyx ink on Bristol Vellum paper. I recently decided to purchase the new Distress watercolor pencils and that's what I used here for coloring. I really didn't need another watercolor medium but since I like the range of distress ink colors and thought these would be something I could use for watercoloring while in the living room without having to bring all Distress ink pads downstairs, I decided to purchase them. I have set 1 and set 3. While I do like the intensity of actually distress inks more, these are a good alternative when not in my craft room.
The patterned paper is from a 6x6 paper pack I recently purchased at Hobby Lobby. Sentiment is also from a Penny Black set - Dear Santa. It works so well with all the cute critter stamps. I just love it!
Before assembling the card I used a dots stencil on the background. Then finished with some red and white twine.
By the way - if you haven't heard yet - I'm planning for another Year in Review hop at the end of the year where we will share our favorite creations of 2022 and I am looking for co-hosts. The sign- up is now available and you can read all about it HERE or simply click the logo below:
This post may include some affiliate links, meaning I may earn a small commission if you purchase something through the links. As always, this is at no cost to you. Thank you so much for supporting this blog!
I'd like to link up here:
- Peace on Earth - AG Christmas
- Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas - Christmas
Di's Digis Designs -
- Penny Black Saturday Challenge - AG with PB Stamps
- Crafty Catz - Twine
- Jingle Belles - Not a Creature was Stirring
- As You Like It Challenge - Traditional or Contemporary Christmas (I prefer traditional colors for an old time Christmas feeling)
- Little Red Wagon - Spots
- Crazy is our fame - STENCILS are our game! - Stencils
- Critter Crazy Challenges - Critters
- Lost Coast Designs - Cats and/or Dogs
- The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up - AG
- Christmas with the Cuties - Cute Christmas
- Double Trouble Challenges - Use at least 1 circle (Theme Thing 1)
- Crazy for Cats Challenges - Cats