Happy Saturday, it's time already for a new theme at Allsorts challenge. Sarah is our host and she selected the optional theme of "January Blues". Prizes come from Polkadoodles and Oakwood, they are for challenges 763 and 764. Be sure to look for the winner's post on the last Friday of the month.
We're in the midst of another round of arctic temperatures around here so you'd think I had enough of winter already (and that is so true!!) but I still decided to make a snowman card although the thought of going "floral" had crossed my mind too.
Here is what I came up with:
This cute snowman is part of the Penny Black set Holly Jolly. He's been stamped on a scrap piece of cardstock, colored with Faber Castell Polychromos pencils then fussy cut.
On the background I started out with the Bokeh technique and some snowbanks. After stamping the snowflakes (by Lavinia Stamps) and adding die cut snowflakes (Penny Black die set) not much of the bokeh is visible any longer. The trees were done with Penny Black's die set Beneath the Birches. Winter sentiment is by Lavinia Stamps (Winter Magic) and "Frosty Fun" is from a retired set by Whimsy Stamps. I embellished with some Stickles glitter on the smaller die cut snowflakes and the snowman's hat, and a little rhinestone in the center of the large snowflake.
Here is a closeup....
This post may include some affiliate links, meaning I may earn a small commission if you purchase something through the links. As always, this is at no cost to you. Thank you so much for supporting this blog!
I plan to share with these challenges:
- Penny Black Saturday - PB stamps
- Try It On Tuesday - Winter Blues
- Crafty Catz - No Designer Paper
- Christmas Craft Creations - Glitter and Sparkle
- Crafty Gals Corner - Winter Fun
- Double D Challenges - Sparkle and Shine
- Fab n Funky - Stamp It
- Sisterhood of Crafters - Icy Cold
- The Crafty Addicts - AG
- Double Trouble Challenge - That Wintry Country Feeling
- Get Creative Challenges - Snow Much Fun
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Sparkle and Shine